Effective as of 25 May 2018
- Your rights: your choice and your decision
- How do we collect your personal information?
- What personal data do we collect from you?
- Disclosure of your personal data
- Storage and deletion of data
- Protection of your data
- Contact us
Thank you for your interest in the studies of Quotas GmbH.
We would like to make the participation in our studies as easy, simple and remunerative as possible to make sure that we can rely on you in the long term. In this regard, your privacy and the security of your personal data is very important to us and will always be. Therefore, we would like to give you a transparent description on how and why we collect, save and use your data and what rights you have regarding your personal data.
- To ensure that you understand what personal information we collect from you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and with whom we share it;
- Explain the manner in which we use the personal information you provide to us; and
- 3. Explain your rights regarding the personal information we collect and process from you, and explain how we protect your privacy.
3. Your rights: your choice and your decision
You may be aware that a new EU legislation, the GDPR, gives individuals specific rights to your personal data. Unless limited by applicable law, individuals have the following rights:
- Right to information – the right to be informed about and request information about the personal data that we process from you;
- Right to rectification – the right to demand that we change or update your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete;
- Right to cancellation – the right to demand that we permanently delete your personal information;
- Right to restriction of processing – the right to require that we temporarily or permanently cease the processing of all or part of your personal data;
- Right to object:
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Data transferability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer that personal data for use in another’s service; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making – the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, to the extent that the decision would have a legal effect on you or cause a similarly significant impairment.
If you wish to exercise one of the aforementioned rights, please notify us via the participant portal, email@example.com, or by phone at +49 40 4109690.
4. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When registering for the Quotas GmbH Service, we collect certain personal data so that you can use the Quotas GmbH Service, such as your e-mail address, date of birth, gender and country.
- When you use the Quotas GmbH Service -, we collect personal data about your participation in studies of Quotas GmbH, such as which test letters have been received from you and sent by you, which mailbox you used for the shipments, vacation and sick leave periods.
- Collected personal information that enables us to provide you with additional options / functionality – from time to time you may also provide us with additional personal information or give us your permission to collect such additional personal information, for example, to provide you with additional options or functionalities. As described in more detail below (see “Volunteer Mobile Data”), we will not collect photos, the exact location of your mobile device, voice data or contacts from your mobile device without your prior consent. You always have the opportunity to change your mind and revoke your consent at any time.
We use anonymized and aggregated information e.g. for the purpose of testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, the creation of transit time measurements reports, the improvement of the Quotas GmbH service and the development of new options and functionalities within Quotas GmbH.
5. What personal data do we collect from you?
In the tables below, we have listed the categories of personal information that we collect and use:
|Personal data upon registration|
|Personal data collected during your registration for Quotas studies||These are the personal information provided by you or collected by us in order to enable you to log in to our participant portal as a participant. These include your e-mail address, address, date of birth, gender and country.
Some of the personal information we request from you is required to create your account. You also have the option to provide us with additional personal information in order to participate in our studies.
What personal information we collect depends on the type of study you are signing up for.
|Studies Participation Data||This is the personal information that you collect when you participate in studies by Quotas GmbH – which may include:
|Quotas Incentive Shop / Vouchers||In order to process the incentives that we grant for your participation in our studies, we process the following data:
For the incentive processing, we pass on your data to shipping or payment service providers.
|Contests, Surveys, and Sweepstakes||This personal information is used to enable you to sign up for and participate in these types of promotions. The exact personal information that is collected varies depending on the promotion.|
6. Disclosure of your personal data
We have listed the categories of personal data that are collected or generated through your use of the Quotas GmbH Service.
Information that we can pass on
Service provider and customers
We use technical service providers who can provide the technical infrastructure we need to provide Quotas GmbH service; especially service providers who host, store, manage and maintain the Quotas GmbH application, its content and the data we process.
We use marketing and advertising partners to show you customized content.
We share your personal information for activities such as statistical analysis and scientific research, but only in a pseudonymisized format.
Other Quotas GmbH Group companies
We disclose your personal data to other Quotas GmbH Group companies in order to conduct our day-to-day business.
Quotas customers, especially postal companies
We are working together with several national and international postal organizations (customers). We might disclose your personal data to those postal companies in order to conduct our day-to-day business.
Law Enforcement and Privacy Authorities
We will share your personal information if we are in good faith that we need to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law or to respond to an effective legal process, such as a court order or enforced legal authorities.
We will also disclose your personal information if we reasonably believe that it is for our own legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of a third party in relation to national security, prosecution, litigation, criminal investigation or protection to the safety of a person is required, or to prevent death or imminent harm to health, provided that we believe that such interest is not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of your personal information.
We will disclose your personal information in those cases where we sell our business or negotiate with a buyer or potential buyer about such a sale. In this case, Quotas GmbH will continue to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information and notify you before your personal information is transferred to the buyer or any other.
7. Storage and deletion of data
We only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the Quotas GmbH service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of Quotas GmbH Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, fulfilling our legal obligations and settling disputes. We store some of your personal information as long as you are a user of Quotas GmbH Service, such as your account information and trial affiliation data.
If you request it, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally permitted or legally required to hold personal information, such as in the following situations:
- If there are unresolved matters regarding your account, such as a pending balance on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary personal information until the matter is resolved;
- Insofar as we are required to store the personal data for reasons of legal or tax law or legal review and accounting obligations, we will retain the personal data necessary for the period required under applicable law; and or,
- To the extent necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as preventing fraud or maintaining the security of our users.
8. Protection of your personal data
We are committed to protecting the personal information of our users. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your personal information; please note, however, that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies, including pseudonymization, encryption, access and retention policies, to guard against unauthorized access and the unnecessary storage of personally identifiable information in our systems.
Your password protects your user account; therefore, we strongly advise you to use a unique and strong password, to restrict access to your computer and browser, and to log out after using the Quotas GmbH service.
Please be sure to read such a message carefully.
10. Contact us